Job Title: Church Maintenance Worker
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Status: Full-Time M-F 8am – 5pm
Purpose: The Maintenance Worker at First Colleyville serves in a way that is consistent with First Colleyville’s mission, values and theology. Salary is contingent upon the church’s approved annual budget. The position reports to the Director of Facilities and is subject to quarterly review and annual evaluation.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Inspect lighting system for proper operation, replace broken fluorescent tubes, defective ballasts and incandescent bulbs.
2. Check all exit signs and emergency lights for proper operation. Exit lights should always be lit 24 hours a day.
3. Check all bathroom plumbing systems for proper operation. Repair/replace as needed.
4. Check all kitchen plumbing systems and fixtures. Repair/replace as needed.
5. Check church building structure for any defects and repair immediately if minor work is needed. Otherwise, promptly report any issue to the Director of Facilities.
6. Maintain church landscape such as moving grass regularly, trimming trees of intrusive branches and hedges, watering plants.
7. Ensure parking yard is free of junk, trash and garbage.
8. All concerns must be made in a consultation with the Director of Facilities.
Job Skills and Requirements:
1. Demonstrated skill in carpentry work, plumbing, electrical and landscaping.
2. Experience in forklift operation.
3. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and climb high ladders. Must be safety conscious at all times.
4. Ability to collaborate and coordinate with church volunteers on special maintenance projects.
Membership at a church consistent with First Colleyville’s mission, values and theology.